Please visit the Q&A page for responses to questions asked.
- Person(s) in distress or person(s) observing a security issue should sound their air horn. Air horn can be while in your home or outside. If you are inside place the air horn outside a window/door and activate it.
- Press the air horn to give “three” medium length bursts.
- Other person(s) hearing the air horn should also sound their air horn causing a chain reaction letting the intruder know that we are aware of a situation whether they see the security issue or not.
- Immediately after activating your air horn, if it is possible,
- Call the police and our your private security company (e.g. Essentia)
- Send off a voice note/msg on Moor Alerts What’s App group chat, with as much detail as possible.
- The person(s) observing the security issue should also alert the residents on the Moor Alerts What’s App group chat if they have any more relevant information.
- Other things that can be done, e.g. set off car alarms, house alarms, personal alarms, etc. and if at night turn on all your exterior lighting.
- Check Moor Alerts What’s App group chat for information.
Things to Note:
- Air horn must be within close reach in the event of an emergency.
- Air horns are not a toys, keep away from children.